Denmark, a country which is continuously being named one of the happiest countries in the world, shares their secret for happiness. Apparently it's all about the Jante Law.
There are 10 cultural rules called "Jante Law" (pronounced YUN-thu) that they try to live their life by and, basically, those rules set them up to expect life to be totally average.
Here are the 10 rules of Jante Law . . .
1. Don't think you are anything special.
2. Don't think you're as good as other people are.
3. Don't think you're smarter than other people are.
4. Don't convince yourself you're better than other people.
5. Don't think you know more than other people do.
6. Don't think you're more important than you are.
7. Don't think you're good at anything.
8. Don't laugh at other people.
9. Don't think anyone cares about you.
10. Don't think you can teach anyone anything.