Restaurant chefs are sharing online the 'red fags' you should watch out for when you go out to eat that might signal the place is low quality. Here are some things to watch out for:
1. "Smell. If it's a sour smell or disinfectant smell . . . red flag."
2. "If there's a fish tank, take a look at it. If it's clean, the kitchen is too."
3. "Dirty bathrooms and dirty floors equal dirty kitchen."
4. "A huge menu is a sign that food is frozen and the ingredients aren't fresh."
5. "Carpet is one of the most disgusting things. Vacuuming only goes so far."
6. "The bread. If they can't get the bread right, they don't know anything."
7. "If you can smell the seafood when you walk in, then it's not fresh."
8. "If you see lots of plates left half-full, run."
9. "When you walk in, and you aren't greeted or nobody makes eye contact."
10. "Stock photos on the menu. Cheap silverware as well."